1. A friend in need is a friend indeed.
2. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
3. The early bird catches the worm.
4. There is no accounting for tastes.
5. A drowning man will catch at a straw.
6. It is no use crying over spilt milk.
7. Money makes the mare to go.
8. It never rains but it pours.
9. Too many cooks spoil the broth.
10. A stitch in time saves nine.
11. Two is company, three is none.
12. Boys will be boys.
13. Better late than never.
14. Spare the rod and spoil the child.
15. A rolling stone gathers no moss.
16. Out of sight, out of mind.
17. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
18. Talk of the devil and he is sure to appear.
19. Don't count your chickens before they are hatched.
20. Even Homer sometimes nods.