Gissing Web Sites
- George Gissing Web Site, The (Peter Morton)
- The Victorian Web
- Portraits in Charcoal: Gissing's Image of Woman (Jim Haydock, Emeritus Professor of English, University of Wisconsin)
- A Discussion on the Relationship between Clara Collet and the Author George Gissing (Deborah McDonald, The Clara Collet Net)
- Gissing Trust, The -- founded in 1978 by the Wakefield Civic Society, The Wakefield Historical Society, international scholars and others, linked by The Gissing Journal, to further the establishment of The Gissing Centre, the preservation of properties associated with George Gissing, the acquisition care and display of objects connected with George Gissing and the literary history of Wakefield.
- George Gissing by George Orwell - This review-essay was written in 1948 for a magazine, but did not appear in Orwell's lifetime.
- Paul Delany, Introduction to In the Year of Jubilee, by George Gissing. (London: J. M. Dent, 1994)
- Gissing's Grave in St. Jean de Luz (Roger Monk)
Others: Alphabetical Order
- Archives of VICTORIA@LISTSERV.INDIANA.EDU (Jian Liu, Reference Department, Indiana University Libraries)
- Boston Book Company
- CAMBRIDGE BIOGRAPHICAL ENCYCLOPEDIA, THE
- Clara Collet, 1860-1948: An Educated Working Woman (Deborah McDonald)
- Compton's Encyclopedia Online
- CSDC HARDY AND GISSING (Mark Storey) -- Literature D Specialist Course Semester 1 1997 .
- Encyclopedia.com - Results for Gissing, George
- George Gissing Collection (The John Rylands University Library Special Collection Guide)
- GEORGE GISSING, HUMANIST?
- George Gissing; The Cultural Challenge (Sloan, John; Sloan, John)
- Geosystem 3: Jovian Atmosphere
- Gissing in Prison by PAUL DELANY (Simon Fraser University)
- Gissing mss., 1863-1958, The -- consist of correspondence, financial records, writings, photographs, and miscellaneous materials by and about writer George Robert Gissing, 1857-1903. (Lilly Library, Indiana University)
- Italiata Book Co. -- deals with Gissing books. (Box 627 Croton Falls, NY 10519)
- Korg, Jacob: George Gissing: A Critical Biography
- Mailing Lists
- 19th Century British and Irish Authors
- Nineteenth Century Literature
- NCL-E, v51 n1, review of Gissing
- NCL-E, v47 n2, review of Gissing
- George Gissing, The Collected Letters of George Gissing, Volumes I and II, edited by Paul F. Mattheisen, Arthur C. Young, and Pierre Coustillas reviewed by Jacob Korg.
- George Gissing, The Collected Letters of George Gissing, Volumes 3-6, edited by Paul F. Mattheisen, Arthur C. Young, and Pierre Coustillas reviewed by Jacob Korg.
- George Gissing on The Literary Marketplace
- New Grub Street Edited by Bernard Bergonzi. (Penguin Paperback)
- Penguin - New Grub Street by George Gissing
- Penguin - The Odd Women by George Gissing
- Tea & Wisdom
- UCR LIBRARY VICTORIAN AND EDWARDIAN LITERATURE COLLECTION
- UnCoverWeb (A Current Awareness and Document Delivery Service) -- a database of current article information taken from well over 17,000 multidisciplinary journals.
- VICTORIA (mailing list)
- Victorian Web Sites
- Wakefield, West Yorkshire
For the man sound in body and serene of mind there is no such thing as bad weather; every sky has its beauty, and storms which whip the blood do but make it pulse more vigorously. (The Private Papers of Henry Ryecroft, IV, 1)
Back to Gissing in Cyberspace.
Top of Page
Mitsuharu Matsuoka's Home Page